Last Updated on
Sometimes smaller is better! Bigger doesn’t always equal better and if you are one of the millions of Americans searching for the perfect one bedroom house plan, keep reading to learn more about the benefits of a smaller home and explore some of our favorite and most popular one bedroom house plans.
Vacation House Plan 4177-00001
According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Americans are craving more and more space in their homes. The average American house in 1973 was around 1,660 square feet and in 2010, the average U.S. home soared to almost 2,400 sq. ft. (2010 U.S. Census). However, there are specific reasons why choosing a smaller, one bedroom home is more beneficial than a larger house.
Country House Plan 7806-00010
Some of the benefits of a 1 bedroom house plan are:
- Better Locations – If a big house in a prime location is out of your budget, consider a smaller home. If the location is perfect for your lifestyle, think small!
- Less to clean and furnish – Less square footage means less to clean and fewer rooms to furnish. Spend your free time enjoying your home rather than cleaning it.
- Easier to maintain – Having a smaller home allows for less maintenance which saves time and money!
- Cheaper – Because these 1 bedroom homes are usually smaller square footage, they cost less to build from the ground up. Insurance, taxes, and utilities are also cheaper in a small home.
- A small environmental impact – Each home built causes an impact on the environment and the smaller the home, the less of an impact it makes.
Cottage House Plan 2559-00225
Essentially, one bedroom house plans offer convenience, save money and time, and leave a smaller impact on the environment, making them the best choice for those wanting a smaller living space. Break the concept of bigger is better and search our 1 bedroom house plans to find the perfect home for you.
Modern House Plan 940-00065